Hello, and welcome to the beginning of a wonderful week. We hope you had a good weekend, and remembered to change your clocks. Once we change the clocks, it signals that spring is fast approaching. Here in Atlanta it feels like spring is already here. We have had the pleasure of experiencing some nice weather recently. During the spring season many people begin doing some spring cleaning, and spring shopping. Home decor, is all the rage especially this time of year. In case you are looking for a cost effective way to spruce up some of your home items, may we suggest slapping on a new coat of paint. I know this may sound simple, but actually a new coat of paint on a piece of furniture can breathe new life into your home. Take this silver mirror, designed by Laura Whitlow. This mirror was given a new life, by adding some FolkArt paint to it. How chic is this? Give it a try for yourself. Enjoy!
- FolkArt ® Stains – Walnut, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Silver Metallic, 8 oz
Soft cloth for glazing
1.Roughly sand piece to remove factory polyurethane finish….then prime.
2. Paint with Folk Art Silver - apply two coats. When completely dry, sand with 80 grit sandpaper to distress edges.
3. Using a soft rag, apply Walnut stain, using more on the distressed edges.
4. Add new hardware to update piece – we chose something with some “bling” – choose what fits your space and taste!