November 5, 2013
We love watching the changing colors of the leaves outside of our window! The color palette of golds, oranges and rich browns make these five projects perfect for the season!
Get the how-to for all five fun ideas, including: (clockwise from left)
- Pumpkin Ornament – so cute as a place setting at the table for Thanksgiving dinner or make a bunch to display in tall glass cylinder vases
- Pumpkin Place Cards – use at the table or make them into fun greeting cards, too
- F is for Fall - make the ‘F’ for fall or spell out an inspiring word for your wall
- Family Memories Frame – capture the colors of autumn and your memories of the season with this photo frame
- Birdhouse – as a centerpiece or on the mantle, this adorable craft is sure to make you ‘chirp’!
All of the projects are created with our FolkArt Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint, available in 40 colors on our website.
October 22, 2013
Are you already thinking about entertaining this fall for Thanksgiving and beyond? We are! With November just 10 days away, we’re sharing some inspiration for fall entertaining with these four simple DIY place card holders. They’ll add an elegance to your tablescape and are great for mediating where guests sit to help facilitate the conversation flow.
Cathie & Steve used Stiffy Fabric Stiffener to make these easy, reusable leaves. Dress them up or down with your choice of linens, too!
Use these board game inspired place cards made with chalkboard paint from In My Own Style year round!
Transform a few clothespins into glam gold place card holders like this easy idea via Centsational Girl
The Sugar Plum Sisters dress up quirky gourds with Martha Stewart Crafts® Multi-Surface Metallic Acrylic Craft Paint in Gold.
September 28, 2013
Say hello to the season with these two fun ideas! Amy Anderson of Mod Podge Rocks designed these cheerful Mason jars and Autumn decorative pumpkin for the season. Get the full tutorials on both projects, and check out our Fall Pinterest board for more inspiration.
November 13, 2012
With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, before you know it your little ones will be out of school and home looking for something to do. Crafts are a great way to keep any kid occupied. One project you can help them make is this Paper Turkey Roll. This project is great for kids to make for the Thanksgiving dinner table. It is a simple project that will not take all day to complete. So break out the Mod Podge and a few other supplies, and let your kids get creative. Below are all the materials needed, along with their instructions. Aside from this project, what other crafts will you have your kids make this Thanksgiving?
Mod Podge-CS112973 Super Gloss
Toilet paper roll, Burlap, 2 ½” Paper Mache ball, 15mm wiggle eyes, 2-12×12 back polka dot scrapbook paper, 2-12×12 camping plaid scrapbook paper, 2-Yelloe geometric scrapbook paper, Scissors, Hot glue, Scrap of red tissue paper
- Using Mod Podge, apply the burlap to the toilet paper roll and the Paper Mache ball. Allow to dry. Trim off excess. Hot glue the head to the paper roll.
- Mod Podge the backs of the matching scrapbook papers. When they are dry apply a coat of Mod Podge to each side and let it dry completely.
- Cut out the different size feathers as shown. Cut the feet and beak out of the yellow paper.
- Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the red tissue paper and crinkle to make the snood.
- Hot glue the feathers to the back of the turkey, starting with the smallest feathers.
- Glue the beak, snood and eyes to the head as shown. Glue the feet to the bottom.
November 12, 2012
Welcome back from the weekend. To start your week off we wanted to share with you this amazing project designed by Julie Lewis. Create these thanks giving painted bottles. They are a beautiful statement for your mantel or holiday table. This collection of recycled bottles are given a a new purpose with FolkArt® Enamels™ paint and an elegant alphabet stencil. A touch of glitter on simple jute trim adds the final touch. So easy to create!…Here is all you will need:
FolkArt® Enamels™ Paint – 4005 Autumn Leaves, 4014 Burnt Sienna, 4015 Yellow Ochre, 4032 Licorice, 4119 Yellow Citron, 4121 Forest Moss, 4140 Aqua, FolkArt® Extreme Glitter – 2786 Gold, Stencil Decor® – 27751` Victorian Alphabet Upper Case
Assorted bottles, Glue, Toothpicks, Round brush, Daubers/Spouncers, Scissors, Rubbing alcohol, Wax paper, Paper towels, Foam plates
Assemble your supplies. Thoroughly wash your bottles with mild soap and water. Wipe with rubbing alcohol to remove any residue.
read more »
November 8, 2012
Check out this crafty bowl you can make for fall with Stiffy. Cathie and Steve designed this festive bowl with only a few supplies. This bowl would make a great centerpiece on your dinning room table. Fill with fabulous fall decorations like acorns, pinecones, or colorful fall flowers. See all the materials and instructions for this below. To see more fall projects from Cathie and Steve click here.
- Stiffy ® Fabric Stiffener, 8 oz.
- Plaid ® Hot Glue Gun Helpers
- Mod Podge ® Gloss, 8 oz.
Woven fiber placemat (round)
Large craft bowl
Medium craft bowl
Fall floral picks
Fall leaf trim
read more »
November 6, 2012
You don’t have to wait till Thanksgiving to dress up your table. The fact that it is fall is reason enough to decorate a table in your home. In case you are stumped and need some inspiration we have scoured the web to bring you some delightful fall themed tablescapes. Below are 5 fabulous fall tablescapes that are sure to brighten up any room, and bring the beauty of the fall inside.
Swanky Chic Fete
read more »
November 5, 2012
Welcome back from the weekend. We hope you were able to take some time and craft over the weekend. If not here is a great fall themed craft you can start this week. Capture the elegance of painted leaves quickly and easily using Martha Stewart Crafts Glass Paints and Adhesive Silkscreens. Also in this project you will learn how to paint the look of ombre as a background. Chris Williams created this project. Leaves are perfect fall designs to add to any craft this time of year. All the materials needed for this project can be found below, for the instructions click here.
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Gloss Opaque Glass Paint – Habanero
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Metallic Opaque Glass Paint – Yellow Gold
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Metallic Opaque Glass Paint – Copper
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Gloss Transparent Glass Paint – Meringue
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Glass Spray Paint Kit
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Glass Silkscreen – Leaves
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Glass Squeegee Set, 2pc
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Glass Paint Dauber and Roller Set, 6pc
Brush basin or container for water
Frame with Glass
November 2, 2012
Happy Friday! The weekend is here and that means it is time to craft. This is the perfect time to create a fall themed craft and we have a great suggestion, try making these Harvest wood cutouts. Spell out harvest anywhere in your home. This project would look great on a mantle or place on your front porch. A great weekend craft that anyone can create. We discovered this project on the blog, Mom It Forward. Jill Greenlaw made this fun project with wood letters and Mod Podge. To learn step by step how make this for yourself click here. Enjoy and have a great weekend.