Wood frames are one of the most popular surfaces to craft with. Frames are always needed, regardless of the time of year. We all love storing our pictures in some unique frame design. Instead of buying a unique frame, why not try creating your own. This is exactly what Jennie did over at Craft-O-Maniac. Jennie created this chic stenciled frame, using some of Plaid’s new stencils from our Easy to Paint Line. Click here to see the before and after pictures, and learn how to make your own chic stenciled frame.
First off Plaid would like to wish everyone, Happy Labor Day! We sure hope you all are enjoying a little time off, and celebrating the end of summer. Whatever you are doing, we hope crafting are part of your plans. Here is a great last minute summer project you can create. Please feel free to switch up the FolkArt colors used, with other hues from us. This adorable project was made by one of our talented designers, Sherrie Ragsdale. This is an intermediate skill level project, and will take anywhere between 1 hour to 1.5 hours to complete.
FolkArt Acrylic Paints: 515 Vintage White, 413 Pink, 2553 Lime Green, 628 Pure Orange, 444 Patina, 516 Light Lavender, 938 Licoric
1. Tape off the top and Bottom portion on box leaving an inch space in between and then paint the center vintage white.
2. Tape off the top portion of box and paint it patina and then tape off the bottom portion of box and paint lime green. Allow to dry.
3. Remove the top by unscrewing the hinges. Remove the glass from frames. Paint the top with lime green. Allow to dry. Paint the wooden frame inserts with patina.
4. Add the dots and swirls using the liner brush dipped in vintage white.
5. Add the pink stripe using the small flat brush. Allow to dry.
6. Trace the flower on all sides of box. Trace the heart on the frame inserts.
7. Paint the flower light lavender with an orange center. Paint the heart light lavender. Allow to dry. Outline in licorice and add black oval dots in the center of the flower.
8. Dry brush the flowers and the pink and vintage white center with licorice. Also the heart.
9. To dry brush the center stripe, tape off first
Decorating on a budget is always something more and more of us are striving to do. You may often times see wonderful items you would love to decorate your home with, however one look at their retail price will lead you heading towards the nearest exit. Well check out this incredibly creative craft that was created by Joy’s Life. This craft was inspired from a more expensive version she found in a magazine. Majority of the items were found at Walmart, and the wood blocks and Apple Barrel paint are from Plaid. Such a great replica, at an amazing deal. Click here to see how Joy created this project.