Light up Mom’s day with this easy to make candle votive trio. I don’t know about you but I have been seeing votives used a lot in several different craft projects. I have been seeing them incorporated so much; I have begun contemplating a dedicated Pinterest board to votive crafts. I was extra excited when one of Plaid’s talented designed create this easy candle holder trio. Debbie Saenz designed this project. It is a great craft project for anyone, and is something a beginner crafter can easily do. This project will take 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete. For this project you can use votive candles or baby food jars. Very cute!
Mod Podge Gloss – CS11201
3 Baby food jars, Red floral wire, Tissue papers – floral & 3 solid colors, Hot glue, Sand paper, Paint brush, Wire Cutters, Needle nose pliers
- Clean and dry baby food jars well; discard lids.
- Rip tissue papers into approximately ½ inch strips (You will need more of the floral paper).
- Use floral tissue paper strips alternately with the solid colors. Use a different solid color for each jar. Adhere papers with Mod Podge to outside of jars, carefully smoothing down the papers with your fingers. Apply the papers vertically, alternating the floral with a solid color, slightly overlapping each paper. Allow the paper to extend the top and bottom of the jars Allow to dry.
- Sand away the excess paper from the top and bottom of jars. Sand inward in one direction until smooth.
- Apply a coat of Mod Podge to each jar to seal. Allow to dry.
- Gather jars to form a trio and glue together with hot glue.
- Wrap wire around lip of each jar twice and bring ends up the middle, twist twice with pliers and create a heart (Refer to photo). Snip ends of wire.