The countdown to Thanksgiving has begun, and there are only a few weeks left to finish your crafts. To get your home ready for this festive celebration we wanted to share with you this adorable project. This embroidery turkey would be a great addition to any home. Kindra Boroff designed this project using Apple Barrel paint and a few supplies. This is an easy craft to create, and it is right on trend. Embroidery hoops have been a popular surface to craft with for the past few months. Click here to see all the various embroidery hoop projects on Pinterest. Below are all the materials you will need, and their instructions. Enjoy!
Apple Barrel-20504 Black, Plaid Stencils-30502 7×10 Blanks
8” embroider y hoop, 4” embroidery hoop, White burlap, 15mm wiggle eyes, Cocoa stiffened felt, Orange stiffened felt, Silver grey stiffened felt, Gold felt, Red felt, Hole punch, Hot glue, Scissors.
- Using the stencil blank and hole punch, create a polka dot pattern. Stencil the polka dots in Black onto the burlap.
- Paint the 8” and 4” embroidery hoops with Black.
- Insert the polka dot burlap into the 8” embroidery hoop. Hot glue the ends around the back of the hoop. Insert unpainted burlap into the 4” embroidery hoop.
- Cut the feathers from the felt using the pattern. Cut notches into the feathers. Cut the beak, snood, and feet from the felt.
- Hot glue the small hoop onto the larger one covering the hardware of the large one and turning the small hoop to the side to where the snood will cover the hardware.
- Hot glue the feathers to the back. Glue the eyes, beak, feet, and snood as shown.