Earth Day is right around the corner. This is a great day to remember how we all can work together, and do our part to keep our planet clean. One way I do my part to help the Earth is by taking my canvas tote with me to the grocery store. In celebration of Earth Day, I wanted to decorate one of my totes. Here is a great project anyone can create that will not only promote Earth Day, but also give your basic tote a new look. Keep the Earth happy by proudly toting this recycled tote. Julie Lewis designed this tote, and used primarily FolkArt fabric paint. The supplies needed for this are listed below, along with instructions.
- FolkArt ® Fabric™ Paint – Brush On – Wicker White
- FolkArt ® Fabric™ Paint – Brush On – Yellow Citron
- FolkArt ® Fabric™ Paint – Brush On – Coastal Blue
- FolkArt ® Fabric™ Paint – Brush On – Licorice
Round brush #3
Liner brush #1
Flat brush ½”
Ultra Fine Point fabric marker
Piece of poster board
White canvas tote bag 13.5” x 13.5”
- Transfer earth pattern to tote bag. Insert board.
- Paint Earth Coastal Blue and Yellow Citron. Mix equal parts Wicker White and Coastal Blue for top area of earth.
- Paint arms Licorice. Apply face with black marker.
- Heat set paint referring to bottle instructions.