OMG! Now that the warmer months are here, it’s time to accessorize. The spring and summer are prime times to get creative and stylish with your fashion accessories. Instead of heading to a department store to buy something, why not make it?
Earlier this week, we here at Plaid got the chance to do something really fun. We had a lunch and learn event, featuring the new Martha Stewart Crafts ® Jewelry line. The Martha Stewart Crafts ® jewelry program takes jewelry making to a whole new level of sophistication, with innovative products and techniques that allows you to create your own unique fashion statement.
This broad line includes over 240 items tailored to every level of jewelry crafter: beautifully designed charms, pendants, and findings; rhinestones and exquisite Czech glass beads; and enameling paints, jewelry glazes, and epoxy clays.
Don’t you love giveaways? We here at Plaid sure do! It’s giveaway time again on Paint Me Plaid. This week we are giving away a fantastic Mod Podge prize pack. 2 lucky Paint Me Plaid readers will win a Mod Podge Starter Kit and a copy of the bestselling book, Mod Podge Rocks! Decoupage Your World. The starter kit includes: Sparkle, Paper Matte, Original Gloss, Original Matte and Outdoor. Mod Podge Rocks! Decoupage Your World by Amy Anderson is a fantastic craft book that features over 40 projects that all use you guessed it Mod Podge! Amy is the creator of the blog, Mod Podge Rocks! This book is broken up into several crafty sections including, Wearables, Home Decor, and more. All projects found in this book come with great step-by-step visuals, in order to help show you exactly how to recreate it. The projects inside are great for any level crafter.
To enter this giveaway, all you have to do is subscribe to Paint Me Plaid, and leave a comment below telling us what project you would create with this Mod Podge starter kit? For extra entries (leave a separate comment for each):
Like Plaid on Facebook and let us know you entered the giveaway
Become a follower of our on Twitter
The contest will end Friday April 12th, 2012 at noon EST.
It’s Friday! Dance for joy and throw glitter in the air. As you are counting down the hours till you can leave work or school we wanted to offer a little crafty distraction. Below are the top 10 pins that were pinned from our website. Do you follow us on Pinterest? If not you’re missing out on some craft goodness. Follow us here. With Valentine’s Day fast approaching it should come as no surprise that several of the most popular pins for the week center on this lovely holiday. Have a creative weekend and enjoy the pinspiration!
Light up the night, a party, or any occasion with elegant luminaries. In this video hosted by Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza, you will learn how to make luminaries for your home. A little Mod Podge magic, transforms ordinary accessories into one-of-a-kind décor! Click here to see instructions for this project. Watch the video by clicking the image below, or it can be viewed here.
School is right around the corner and it’s time to get the kids and your home organized, so that they’re ready to hit the books. We created this fun craft project not only to get you better organized, but to add some fun color to your home as well. We used FolkArt craft paint because it has such rich vibrant colors. We created this Handmade Charlotte original easy to follow step-by-step project just for you!
Pin your pictures and to do lists on this fun DIY Cork Board Messaging Hoops. You can make 3 to 5 boards to create an entire messaging center.
Have fun and enjoy painting with FolkArt craft paint!
FolkArt colors: light blue
FolkArt colors: white
FolkArt colors: yellow
Have you ever used FolkArt outdoor paint? The summer is the perfect time to use this paint. There are several craft projects you can make, including birdhouses. In this video Candie Cooper will introduce you to FolkArt outdoor paint, by showing you how to create a DIY birdhouse. This whimsical paint craft project features FolkArt Outdoor Acrylics and Metallics, and Outdoor Sealer for a decorative birdhouse that will stay beautiful outdoors or in. Click the image below to watch, or click here. Enjoy!
Happy Friday! We have made it through another week and the weekend is here. Weekends are a perfect time to craft by yourself or with your family or friends. Looking for something to make, we want to suggest this awesome Instapillow. Love the name of this project by the way, it’s very clever. Melissa from Look What Melissa Made created this pillow using a new product of ours, Mod Podge Photo Transfer medium. This product is so cool. It allows you to take any picture of yours and transfer it to a surface. See below the supplies needed to make this project, and click here to learn step-by-step instructions. Have fun creating your own pillow this weekend. Happy crafting!
Depending on where you live, the weather may be just right for you to get outside and do a little gardening. For those of you with a green thumb, this project will be right up your alley. Chris Williams, a designer of Plaid’s, created this Flowerpot. This project is great for beginner crafters, and it uses some of our newest Mod Podge products. These new products are our podgeable papers and acrylic shapes. Both of these items allow you to become even more creative with your next craft project. This flowerpot is sure to be a great addition to any garden. Create this on a nice summer afternoon.
- Mod Podge ® 7 Piece Tool Kit
- Mod Podge ® Acrylic Shapes – Basics, Flat & Charm
- Mod Podge ® Podgeable Paper Flip Books – Nature
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Olive Green, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Forest Moss, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Dimensional Magic – Glitter Gold, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Matte, 8 oz.
12” Thin dowel
1” x 3” Rect of scrap wood
White craft glue or hot glue
Brush basin or container for water
No. 6 flat brush
- Neatly base-coat the body of the terra cotta pot Olive Green. Allow to dry and reapply base color.
- Base-coat rim of terra cotta pot Forest Moss. Allow to dry and reapply base color.
- Base-coat dowel and rectangle wood shape Olive Green.Using scissors cut out all desired paper shapes.
- Using ¾” flat brush, apply Mod Podge to backside of each paper piece. Flip “podged” paper over and apply to dry base-coated surface. Press in place. Using Mod Podge squeegee holding at a 45° angle, pull squeegee toward you over wet papers using light pressure. This will release any caught air bubbles as well as squeeze out any excess Mod Podge. Allow to dry.
- Continue applying papers were desired over project surface until desired effect is achieved. Allow to dry.
- Apply Mod Podge over the front of the paper design to be added to the back of the rectangle acrylic shape. Allow to dry.
- Using a No. 6 flat brush, paint Forest Moss leaves on Olive Green terra cotta pot base between “podged” butterflies. Allow to dry.
- Apply one to two additional coats of Mod Podge over the entire surface allowing each to thoroughly dry before applying the next.
- Using writer tip of Gold Glitter Mod Podge Dimensional Magic, apply a liberal coat over butterflies on pot. Lay pot on its side while Dimensional Magic is drying.
- Attach the acrylic shape to the wood rectangle and then to the dowel to create the plant poke using either white craft glue or hot glue.
In addition to several new Mod Podge formulas and accessories, we have also released some new Mod Podge tools. In this quick video hosted by Cathie and Steve, watch to learn all about these new tools. Here you will get to learn about the new craft mat, hot glue gun fingertips, 7 piece tool kit, and more. These new Mod Podge tools were developed by Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza, and are all you need for project perfection. Using the right tools makes Mod Podge projects easier, more professional and fun to create. Watch this video by clicking on the image below, or view it here.