Drinking glasses of any size are a great surface to craft on. The best type of paint to use when painting on glass is, FolkArt enamel paint. Here is a great example of painting on drinking glasses. These Kiss-me-Quick Valentine’s Day Wine Glasses were designed by, Holli Long. They are just too cute, and make a perfect Valentine’s Day craft to make. This is a creative and fancy way to serve a glass of wine (or sparkling cider) for Valentine’s! See below are full supply list, and instructions. Enjoy!
- FolkArt ® Enamels™ – Wicker White, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Enamels™ – Baby Pink, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Enamels™ – Magenta, 2 oz.
3/4″ flat brush
Selection of self-adhesive gems
Two wine glasses
- Clean and dry all glass surfaces before painting.
- Mask off bottom section of the glasses as shown.
- Paint the bottom section Wicker White. Remove tape.
- With the liner brush, paint Baby Pink swirls all over white section of the glasses.
- Transfer kiss pattern randomly as shown.
- Paint kisses Magenta. Let dry and then bake glasses as instructed on paint labels
- When glasses have baked and cooled down, apply the gems.
- Hand wash only.