By: Laura Bray (To see more crafts from Laura check out her blog, Katydiddys.)
Personalized crafting is something you can do all year round. It is a great way to be as creative you would like. Personalized gifts definitely make a great holiday gift to give your friends and family. Using someones initials as a theme for a gift, is sure to make the receiver feel special. For a more unique design, try using non traditional holiday colors to create this project. This is a beginner level craft, that will take thirty minutes to and hour to complete.
Folkart Acrylic Paint- 479 Pure Black
FolkArt Acrylic Paint-437 Lipstick Red
FolkArt Acrylic Paint-938 Licorice
8 inch x 6 inch oval wood plaque, Black and white decorative paper, Wood letter, Craft glue, Black and white decorative ribbon, and Thumb tacks.
- Paint oval plaque with Plaid Licorice paint. Allow to dry.
- Paint wood letter with Plaid Lipstick paint. Set aside and allow to dry.
- Cut an oval, measuring 6 ½ inches x 5 inches from decorative paper. Apply to center of oval plaque, using Mod Podge.
- Glue wood letter onto plaque, centering it on the decorative paper oval.
- Cut 2 lengths of ribbon, each measuring approximately 10 inches.
- Tack each piece of ribbon on the back of the plaque, at the top, placing each one 1 inch from the center point.
- Tie ends of ribbon in a bow and hang.