October 28, 2011
She is the winner of our FolkArt Giveaway. The prize pack includes, 1 Large Fleur Motif FolkArt Stencil, 1 Alphabet Peel and Stick Stencil Sheet, and a 32 color FolkArt value pack paint set. This paint set includes metallic and glitter FolkArt colors.
Felur Motif Stencil
Alphabet Peel and Stick Stencil Sheet
FolkArt 32 paint color value pack
Thanks to everyone that participated and entered this giveaway. If you were not the winner this time, don’t worry we have another great giveaway coming up very soon. Be sure to check back daily on Paint Me Plaid, so you don’t miss your chance to enter.
September 7, 2011
Get ready folks, Paint Me Plaid is going to be showing you tons of great project ideas to create for this upcoming Halloween. Here is one that I am in love with. This adorable glowing pumpkin is so unique, and I am always fascinated by anything that lights up. One of our talented designers, Julie Lewis created this project. See below for all the supplies and the instructions on how to make this adorable and fun Halloween project. Click here to find all of these supplies in one place.
- Plaid ® Glass Surfaces – Large Glass Block
- FolkArt ® Peel & Stick Painting Stencils™ – Blank
- FolkArt ® Enamels™ – Pure Orange, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Enamels™ – Licorice, 2 oz.
#1 Liner brush
- Thoroughly clean glass block before painting.
- Tape off outer edge of block using ¾” tape.
- Place strips of 1/8” tape 7/8” apart starting at center.
- Cut face pattern from stencil blank and place onto glass block over tape strips.
- Using dauber, apply Pure Orange over front of block. Let dry slightly and apply second coat. Add third coat if desired. Carefully remove stencil and tape. Clean up any rough edges by gently scraping with craft knife.
- When completely dry, place eye and teeth stencils onto block and apply Licorice.
- Using Liner brush, add nose and eyebrow details.
- Let cure referring to bottle instructions.