Wood frames are one of the most popular surfaces to craft with. Frames are always needed, regardless of the time of year. We all love storing our pictures in some unique frame design. Instead of buying a unique frame, why not try creating your own. This is exactly what Jennie did over at Craft-O-Maniac. Jennie created this chic stenciled frame, using some of Plaid’s new stencils from our Easy to Paint Line. Click here to see the before and after pictures, and learn how to make your own chic stenciled frame.
Can you believe that Christmas is only right around the corner? I know some of you are trying to deny it, but people get ready because it is coming and fast! Now I am sure some of you have already begun crafting for the Christmas holiday, but if you have not gotten started it’s ok there is still time. We here at Plaid wanted to start giving you some craft ideas that are easy to make, with products from our new Easy to Paint line. Recently one of our blogger friends, Megan, from the Brassy Apple created this adorable Christmas Tray. This tray was created with one of the new stencils from our Easy to Paint line. Click here to learn from the Brassy Apple how to make this Christmas craft.
One craft that I believe you can never have enough of are, keepsake boxes. Throughout our lives we are always accumulating little trinkets and treasures that we want to hold onto. Photos, jewelry, hair bows, etc… The best way to keep track and to organize these items, is to place them in a keepsake box. A box is a great surface to craft on, and one of the easiest ways to decorate your box is by using stencils. Recently Plaid just released a new line of Easy to Paint stencils. One of our in house designers created this amazing Damask box, using one of the new stencils. Click here to find instructions on how to re-create this craft, and visit your local Michaels or AC Moore craft stores to find the entire line of Easy to Paint products. Is a box one of your favorite surfaces to paint on?
Here is an elegant home décor accessory for you to make, just in time for Halloween. Ir was designed by one of our newest designers, Laura Bray. To see more craft creations from Laura please check out here blog, Katy Diddys.
This project features a new stencil from our Easy to Paint line, called Curly Tree. It also includes FolkArt paint, and Apple Barrel Paint. This is an intermediate skilled project, which takes 2 or more hours to complete. The new easy to paint line is available at AC Moore, and Michaels craft stores.
Plaid Supplies Used: FolkArt Acrylic Paint – 479 Pure Black, FolkArt Painting Stencil (Curly Tree)-30610, Spouncers Value Pack-34106, and Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint-20504 Black
Additional Supplies Used: (1) 5 ½ ” x 6 ½ ” piece of linen fabric, (2) ¾ ” x 5 ½ ” strips of black and white polka dot fabric, (2) ¾ ” x 7 ½ ” strips of black and white polka dot fabric, (1) 6 ½” x 7 ½” piece of Halloween themed fabric, 16” piece of black and white printed ribbon, Flat backed crystals in Fall colors, Pillow stuffing
- Lay down your linen fabric onto a piece of plastic wrap. Place the FolkArt Stencil on top of the fabric, centered. TIP: I use painter’s tape to secure the fabric onto the plastic covered work surface and the stencil onto the fabric.
- Using your pouncer, gently dab the Apple Barrel acrylic paint onto the fabric, within the stencil.
- Gently pull off the stencil and allow the paint to dry.
- Apply the flat backed crystals around your image in a pleasing pattern. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for heat setting them, or use fabric glue to affix them.
- Sew the two 5 ½” x ¾” strips of polka dot fabric onto the top and bottom of your stenciled piece of linen. Sew the two 7 ½” x ¾” strips onto the sides. Use a ¼” seam allowance.
- Press your seams and then lay down your stenciled piece of linen, face up. Take your 6 ½” x 7 ½” piece of Halloween fabric and lay it face down on top of the stenciled fabric.
- Take your ribbon, fold it in half and lay it between the two pieces of fabric. Be sure center the two cut ends at the top of the fabric. Make sure the looped end is facing down and allow the cut ends to extend about 1” from the edge of the fabrics. Tuck the ribbon between the fabric pieces so that it won’t get caught as you sew the seams. Pin everything in place.
- Using a ¼” seam allowance, sew around the edges of the fabric. Be sure to leave a small opening at the bottom of the pieces to allow for turning out and stuffing your door knob pillow.
- Turn-fabric pillow out. Fill with pillow stuffing. Whip stitch the opening on the bottom closed.
Anyone can paint with Plaid’s new collection of FolkArt® painting design tools. Each provides simple techniques for creative, satisfying results, and they work interactively to expand painting and design options. Detailed how-to instructions build skills and fresh project ideas provide inspiration. From brush work through stenciling, hand-painting and specialty finishes, FolkArt painting tools makes decorative craft painting easy, creative and fun. Below are the three categories this new line features. If you would like to see more products and projects from the new Easy to Paint line, click here. Easy to Paint products are available at AC Moore and Michaels now!
Peel & Stick Stencils
Favorite design tools for Easy to Paint glass projects and more.
Dozens of designs, detailed instructions, project ideas, plus a Reusable Practice Guide.
Versatile, easy-to use laser-cut stencils complement Easy to Paint creations.