The days are winding down til Christmas. I hope that you all have finished your holiday shopping by now, and are ready to tackle wrapping all your gifts. In case you are looking for a wonderfully creative way to personalize your gift wrapping try this “For You” Gift Wrap. This project was designed by, Julie Lewis. This project was created using FolkArt paint and stencils. To learn how to create this adorable gift wrap click here.
Silver and gold make a festive holiday home. These two colors can add wonders to your home this time of year. If you would like add some sparkle to your holiday decor, create these Martha Stewart Holiday Candles. Martha Stewart makes some of the most beautiful craft project for the holidays, and these are no exception. Simply follow the instructions below, and enjoy!
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Metallic Acrylic Craft Paint – Yellow Gold
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Metallic Acrylic Craft Paint – Copper
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Glitter Acrylic Craft Paint – Florentine Gold
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Glitter Acrylic Craft Paint – Copper
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Glitter Acrylic Craft Paint – Antique Silver
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Glitter Acrylic Craft Paint – Obsidian
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Foam Pouncers Set – 6pc
Small toy animals
Assorted sizes of pillar and taper candles
Assorted sizes of glass candlesticks and pedestals
Brush basin or container of water
- Using a foam pouncer, apply three to four coats of glitter paint by dabbing straight up and down to the surface of the candle. Allow each application of glitter paint to dry before applying the next.
- Continue painting until each candle is glitter painted to your liking. NOTE: Do not apply paint at the top of each candle near the wick.
Small Plastic Animals
- Using a foam pouncer, undercoat each animal with a coat of pearl paints – either Copper, Yellow Gold or Sterling. Dab the loaded pouncer straight up and down to apply the paint. Allow to dry.
- When dry, paint a couple coats of glitter paint over the pearl. Paint Copper glitter over Cooper pearl, Florentine Gold glitter over Yellow Gold pearl, and Antique Silver glitter over Sterling pearl. Allow each coat of glitter paint to thoroughly dry before applying the next.
In case you are having a hard time remembering how many days are left until Christmas, we have the perfect craft project that can help you. Mark the days in anticipation of Christmas, with this countdown to Christmas chalk board. This festive project was designed by, Jane Chandler. Isn’t this so cute? I love it. It is a great way to keep track of how many days are left til Christmas. To learn how to make this project click here.
The holiday season is a great time of year to craft decor for your home. The one thing I love about crafting is that you can create beautiful projects, that are very simple to make. Take this project for instance created by Sara from, Mom Endeavors. Sara created this joyful Christmas message using Plaid’s Simply Screen DIY Kit. This project is so cute. I think I may use this as inspiration to create some Christmas cards. To learn how Sara created this joyful message click here.
Only 10 more days left until the big day! Are you prepared? I know I am not. I am a bit of a last minute shopper. I hope to get better about this in the future . We wanted to showcase another great holiday craft to create before Christmas. Check out these Martha Stewart Christmas tins. They are so cute, and functional. Store your favorite holiday candies, cookies, or craft supplies in these tins. Click here to learn how to create these tins.
The countdown has officially begun to Christmas, and we here at Plaid are showing off great Christmas projects. Here with 11 days to go, we want to share with you this Claus & Company Elf Bucket. This adorable project was designed by one of our Plaid designers, Sherrie Ragsdale. The paint used in this project is , FolkArt. That and a few other supplies are all your will need. You can make this adorable elf for your co-workers, and give as gift. To learn how to make this elf bucket, click here .
Can you believe it? There are only 12 more days until Christmas! To celebrate this joyous occasion, we are going to be showcasing some of our Christmas projects created by Plaid designers. Here is a great project to kick off Plaid’s 12 days of Christmas showcase. I am sure as you are buying your gifts to give, you might need a creative way to wrap them. Try creating this Scroll Holiday Packaging. Here is a great project create by, Julie Lewis, that can definitely come in handy with wrapping your gifts. Click here to see how to create this holiday project.
This year, we’re dreaming of a White Christmas and we have a variety of home decorating and crafting ideas for you! It’s easy to add light and bright touches to your home this winter season. Check out our tips and project ideas and be sure to download our free recipe and recipe cards for Sea Glass Candy!
Create a winter wonderland in your own home:
- Use Gallery Glass to adorn ornaments, create framed art and decorate windows.
- Decorate with shades of white. Add touches of amethyst, turquoise, silver and gray as accent colors.
- Add snowman and snowflake motifs to decorate glassware and other home accents for festive holiday touches.
- Create a warm, rustic feel with weathered wood frames with simple and easy techniques. Check out the White Christmas Framed Art project below for how-to techniques.
- Check out a variety of winter projects to get you inspired.
The weekend always flies by when your having fun, and crafting. If you still have some extra time this weekend try making this adorable Joy holiday beadboard frame. This frame was created by Alison, from Oopsey Daisey. Alison was able to create this great holiday project using product from the Martha Stewart craft line. This line of porducts is available at Michaels nationwide. Make this frame and add your latest holiday family photo to it. Click here to learn how to make this project.
Plaid’s new Martha Stewart craft line has so many amazing new products. Craft bloggers have been having so much fun trying out these new products on their holiday decorations. I recently came across these absolutely stunning glittered ornaments. These ornaments were created using glitter craft paint from the new Martha Stewart craft line, This project was made by Jennifer, from Always in Wonder. This is a great simple project to re-create over the weekend. These ornaments would make a great addition to anyone’s Christmas tree. Click here to see how these glitter ornaments were made.