Happy President’s Day. Are you off today? If you are off, and are looking for a craft to create try this, Happy Apple Kitchen Canister. Make your kitchen an even happier place with this retro inspired canister. I never feel that you can ever have too many containers. Extra storage is often times always needed and appreciated in any kitchen. Use this canister as another place to store some flour, and as a way to add some joy to your kitchen. This happy apple kitchen canister was designed by, Julie Lewis.
- FolkArt ® Enamels™ – Warm White, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Enamels™ – Baby Pink, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Enamels™ – Engine Red, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Enamels™ – Yellow Ochre, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Enamels™ – Licorice, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Enamels™ – Yellow Citron, 2 oz.
Transfer paper, Tape, Liner brush #1, Flat brush ½” and ¼”, Hobby Lobby metal canister #470617-L, Black ultra fine marker, and Ruler
1. Measure 2” from top and bottom of canister. Tape off and paint Baby Pink.
2. Transfer pattern to front of canister. Paint apples Yellow Ochre, Engine Red and Yellow Citron.
3. Paint arms, legs leaves and stems with liner brush in Licorice.
4. Create flowers randomly on canister with liner brush.
5. All dots are applied using opposite end of different size brushes.
6. Using flat brush, paint stripes to edge of lid.
7. Draw mouths using black marker.
8. Let paint cure thoroughly.