Looking for a place to store some of your Halloween candies? Well your in luck, why not create this Martha Stewart spooky bats apothecary dish? Perfect for a side table, this candy dish is a simple and fun container for Halloween treats!
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint – Carrot
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint – Beetle Black
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Patterning Tape
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Foam Pouncers Set – 6pc
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Holiday Icons II Adhesive Stencils
Apothecary candy jar, Water container, Rubbing alcohol, Paint palette, & Paper towels
- Clean glass candy dish with warm soapy water, rinse in clean water, and dry thoroughly.
- Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe over entire glass surface; allow to dry.
- Measure and mask desired widths using patterning tape, leaving front of candy jar free of stripes.
- Mask off above and below vertical strips for desired height.
- Load pouncer with Carrot and paint vertical bands representing pumpkin sections. Allow to dry and reapply if necessary. Allow to dry.
- Position bat adhesive stencil in center of jar and stencil with Beetle Black using pouncer. Reposition stencil and paint a second bat. Continue until desired number of bats in flight is completed. Allow to dry.
- Paint glass ball handle on lid with Beetle Black. Allow to dry.
- Curing Instructions: When dry, bake to cure. Place glass in cool oven; set oven to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes. Turn oven off and allow to cool in oven. Remove when completely cool.