August 21, 2013
by Handmade Charlotte
Handmade Charlotte Stencils are now available in Michaels Stores. I’m beyond excited and can’t wait for you to check them out. One of my favorite features of each set is they all come with an amazing alphabet in really cool typeface. My kids are headed back to school and I wanted to send them with a fun treat. They have snack time once a day and thought paper bag tents would be perfect! The tents would be a great party favor for an outdoor theme.
DIY Personalized Paper Bag Tent
- Folk Art Handmade Charlotte Kitchen Stencil Sets
- Brown Paper Bags Tape
- Index Card
First stencil the bag using the Handmade Charlotte type face of choice. Next, cut your paper bag in half and then fold flap over to tape. We stuck an index card on the bottom of the bag to give it a bit more stability. Fill your bag with treats and your done! Have fun snack making and let me know what typeface is your favorite!
August 29, 2012
Just in time for back to school, we want to inspire you to get creative with your laptop. This is a project perfect for high school and college students. Prices for retail and custom covers can usually run between $30 to $70. This project is very budget friendly and won’t burn a hole in your pocket. Before you go out to buy your supplies you will need to first come up with a design. No worries we have scoured Pinterest to show you some possibilities. Enjoy!
Mosaic Laptop Cover
Monogram Laptop Cover
Makeover a laptop with tape
Decoupaged DIY Laptop Cover
Aztec Laptop Cover
DIY Glitter Laptop Case
August 23, 2012
These easy to make pencil toppers will bring a smile to any child on their first day back to school. Designed by Plaid Designer, Julie Lewis…the use of simple, kid friendly supplies and bright Apple Barrel® paint makes crafting fun. Here is what you will need to get started:
Apple Barrel® Acrylic Paint – 20502 Yellow, 20504 Black, 21339 Pretty in Pink, Plaid® 8 x 10 Stencil Pack – 28669, Two 1 ½” Styrofoam Balls, Hole Punch, Glue, Pencil, Scalloped Pinking Shears, Scissors, 2mm Foam Sheets – white/pink/green, Wiggle Eyes, Dauber, Flat Brush – 1”, ¼”, #1 Liner Brush or Ultra Fine Black Marker, andPom Poms – Large Black, Medium Red and Small Black
Gather your supplies.
Insert end of small paintbrush in Styrofoam balls and paint both Yellow. Set aside and let dry.
Using ¼” flat brush, paint Black bands around one ball to make your bumble bee.
Use dauber to apply pink cheeks on other ball for daisy.
read more »
August 6, 2012
This jumbo chalkboard is a great craft to make just in time for back to school. Today for many kids here in Georgia, they will be heading back to class. With their busy schedules it’s nice to have a place in your home to post reminders, or words of encouragement. Julie Lewis, one of Plaid’s talented designers, made this project. Create this chalkboard using FolkArt acrylic paint, FolkArt chalkboard paint, and FolkArt extreme glitter. This is a great project perfect for all craft levels. Here’s to a great school year!
- Plaid ® Wood Surfaces – Plaques – Ladybug
- Plaid ® Wood Surfaces – Plaques – Oval
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Parisian Pink, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Chalkboard Paint – Black, 8 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Moon Yellow, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ – Red, 2 oz.
- Plaid ® Craft Stencils – Value Packs – Home Décor
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Lipstick Red, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Wicker White, 2 oz.
Flat brush ¼” – ½”
Stencil brush ¼” – ½”
Black grosgrain ribbon
Ultra fine permanent black marker
- Base coat body of ladybug Lipstick Red and head Wicker White.
- Apply several coats of Red glitter to body of ladybug. Let dry.
- Paint edge of plaque Moon Yellow. Apply several coats of chalkboard paint to plaque referring to bottle for application instructions.
- Apply border element design from stencil around outer edge of plaque in Wicker White. Stencil random elements to ladybug in Parisian Pink.
- Create all dots by dipping opposite end of paintbrush into paint.
- Use extremely dry stencil brush to apply cheeks. Add face details with marker.
- Wrap and glue ribbon around neck of lady bug and tie in a bow. Glue ladybug to oval plaque.
July 25, 2011
It’s that time of year when parents start their end-of-summer countdown. How many days until the kids are back in school and the house is quiet for a few hours during the day? The kids will never tell, but I bet any parent could tell you down to the minute.
If you’re excited about the kids going back to school, or you’re looking forward to going back yourself, why not get everyone back into the swing of things with this cute Chalkboard Medicine Cabinet? Infarrantly Creative gives you the step by step on how to give a standard medicine cabinet and cute, and budget-friendly make-over.
Once you’ve got this project complete, you now have the perfect place to leave yourself, or the kids, reminders so that you see them first thing in the morning. Perfect!