I don’t know if you heard, but Hot Glue Gun Helpers turned 1 years old this week. Cathie Filian was so excited about this anniversary that she is hosting a Hot Glue Gun Helper on her blog. Click here to enter. In case you win the giveaway or if you already have your own hot glue gun helper, we wanted to share an adorable craft project to use it on. This ribbon and pearl rose pin is a great Valentine’s Day craft. It’s simple to make, and is very versatile. Add this pin to your blouse, a headband, or use as an embellishment on a frame. To learn how to create this ribbon and pearl rose pin click here.
Looking for a more advanced Valentine’s Day craft to create? Try this Valentine Box. It’s a great project for an intermediate level painter. Gather the supplies listed below, and follow along with the instructions. This box is not only a great craft to create, it is practical as well. It serves as a storage container for all your Valentine’s Day goodies. Store your cards, and candies inside. This box would also be a great gift to give. Use the box as the perfect place to conceal a gift inside for the one you love.
- FolkArt ® Shiny™ Acrylic Paint – Wicker White, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Shiny™ Acrylic Paint – Sugar Plum, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Shiny™ Acrylic Paint – Violet Pansy, 2 oz.
Wooden box with handle, #12 flat brush, #1 liner brush, White craft glue, Heart buttons, String of hot pink sequins, Small dowel – 1½” tall, and Wood heart cut-out
- Paint sides of handle and outside of box Wicker White.
- Paint inside of box and feet Sugar Plum.
- Paint box trim and top of handle Violet Pansy.
- Paint random small hearts all over box using Sugar Plum.
- Paint small wood heart Violet Pansy; Paint dowel Sugar Plum
- Paint LOVE on heart. Glue onto dowel.
- Glue sequins around edge of wood heart using white craft glue. Puncture a small hole on rim of box. Glue dowel into hole.
- Glue a row of sequins around bottom band of box. Glue 2 rows of sequins around top of box.
- Glue heart buttons over screw heads on sides of handle.
- Glue heart buttons randomly between painted hearts on box.
- Optional: Use liner brush to paint words on painted Sugar Plum hearts using Violet Pansy such as: KISS ME, U R CUTE, BE MINE, HOT LIPS, HOTTIE, etc.
- Optional: Using liner brush and thinned Wicker White, paint “Valentines” on center of top band on box front.
I often times wonder who likes Valentine’s Day more? Kids or adults? I am leaning more toward kids, because they have less pressure on this day of love than us adults. They look forward to more simple gifts such as candy, and cards. They are excited by these little things. But what if a child was really into this day of love, and wanted to decorate their room? I stumbled across this bedroom, and immediately thought that this is the perfect example of what a little girl’s room would look like if she was given the chance to decorate it on her own. This bedroom is so precious. If I was once again a little girl, I would love the chance to have my bedroom look like this. Use this image as inspiration to get some decoration ideas for Valentine’s Day. As you can see, there is very little red used throughout. The main colors are pink and purple. Red is known and used as the traditional main color for Valentine’s Day, however many prefer to use more pinks and purple hues. What is your favorite color to wear or decorate in for this day of love?
This palette was created using FolkArt acrylic paint colors: # 518 Peony, # 413 Pink, # 480 Titanium White, and # 633 Baby Pink.
Are you planning a Valentine’s Day party? Well if you are then, you need some love themed decorations. Instead of buying decorations from a local party store, create your own heart shaped decor this year. These heart party table toppers are a great way to decorate. Say what you wish at your Valentine party with these over-sized conversation heart table toppers. These toppers were created by one of our talented designers, Julie Lewis. So cute and so simple. See below for all the supplies and instructions on how to make these. Enjoy!
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Peach Fuzz, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ – Hologram, 2 oz.
- Plaid ® Stencils – Value Packs – Letter Stencils – Old School, 1-1/2″
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Tickled Pink, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Lipstick Red, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Light Lavender, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Soft Apple, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Wicker White, 2 oz.
Popsicle sticks, Glue, Toilet tissue tubes, Large and small wood heart shapes, White felt, Red satin ribbon, Styrofoam cones, Flat brush ½”, Stencil brush ¼”, Red large point marker, and Liner brush #1
- Paint wood hearts in colors shown. Paint four toilet tissue tubes and Popsicle sticks white.
- Stencil desired words onto large hearts in red. Use liner brush to paint in stencil bridges.
- Write desired words onto small hearts with red marker.
- Apply several coats of Hologram glitter over wood hearts, Popsicle sticks and tubes.
- Glue small hearts to tubes as shown. Tie red satin ribbon around base of tube with a bow. Fill with party candy.
- Cut Styrofoam cone into three sections.
- Glue Popsicle sticks to backs of large hearts and insert into each Styrofoam section.
- Wrap Styrofoam bases with white felt and tie with red ribbon at top.
As we all know, Valentine’s Day is not really a man’s favorite holiday. All the gifts many people give are geared towards women. Well here is one gift you can make and give to the man in your life. Make your man this moustache coffee mug. Moustaches are very trendy right now, and a huge craft trend. I have seen several pins on Pinterest of moustache items. This coffee mug was created by Cathie and Steve. To learn how to make this click, here.