April 28, 2012
By now you probably know that Mod Podge is an essential product to craft with, but did you know it could be used on furniture projects as well? Here is a video that displays a great example of this. Watch this video to see how a basic black table was recreated into a stylish table, all with the help of some Mod Podge. To view this video click here, or push play below.
- mod podge
- sponge brush
- something with a flat edge for smoothing
February 17, 2012
Thanks to everyone that entered our Select Strands Lampwork Bead giveaway. We were very excited by all the entries we received. The prize up for grabs this week is an assortment of lampwork bead strands (4 strands total). If you were not this week’s winner, but are interested in getting your own Select Strands, this line can be found at most large Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.
Ruby T. & Andrea A.
(Winners have been notified by email)
We will be having another giveaway shortly. Make sure you subscribe to Paint Me Plaid so that you can be the first to know. Have a great weekend!
February 14, 2012
We here at Paint Me Plaid are such in a giving mood this week. Perhaps because this is the week of Valentine’s Day, and we are all extra happy from all the sugar we have been devouring today in the office Whatever the reason, it’s giveaway time again on Paint Me Plaid! This week we are giving away some product from Plaid’s Select Strands line. With this line use these lampwork beads to create several types of jewelry crafts. In this giveaway we are giving away an assortment of of lampwork bead strands (4 strands total). We will be giving this prize away to 2 Paint Me Plaid readers. We will announce the winners on Paint Me Plaid on Friday (Feb. 17), in the afternoon. Our Select Strands line can be found at most large Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.
To enter this giveaway, all you have to do is leave a comment below telling us what you would create, using this product? For extra entries (leave a separate comment for each):
Become a follower of ours on Twitter
Like Plaid on Facebook and let us know you entered the giveaway
Check out our sister blog, Plaid Kid’s Crafts, and let us know a project you find there that you think is cool
The contest will end Friday February 17th, 2012 at 12 noon EST.
February 14, 2012
Did you know that we here at Plaid manufacture jewelry craft products? For many of you this may be new news to you. One of our jewelry lines is called, Select Strands. This is a line of various lampwork beads, in multiple colors and designs. Select Strands were used in this Love Birds bracelet. It was designed by Alisa Fineis. It will take you about an hour to create this bracelet, and it is recommended for the crafter with a little bit of experience under their belt. This is a perfect charm to make as a Valentine’s Gift, or it can serve as a nice gift to give anytime of year. Below we have listed all the supplies you will need, along with the instructions. Plaid’s Select Strands lampwork beads can be found at most large Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores. Enjoy!
Plaid® Select Strands™ Lampwork Beads-
- Plaid® Select Strands™ Lampwork Beads –Design 51: Hearts and Birds
- Plaid® Select Strands™ Glass Beads – 14311 Twist Red
- Plaid® Select Strands™ – Glass Beads – 3324 Cathedral Amethyst
- Plaid® Select Strands™ – Glass Beads – 14438 Swirl Lentil Pink
- Plaid® Select Strands™ – Ceramic Beads – 14357 Coin AB White/Pink
Other items needed:
- 6mm Purple (9)
- Shiny Silver chunky chain 7” or desired length
- Shiny silver head pins (15)
- Shiny silver jump rings (18)
- Shiny silver toggle (1)
- Cut a 7” (or desired) length of chunky chain
- Use medium jump rings to attach 1 end of each chain to on side of Toggle.
- Use medium jump rings to attach remaining end of each chain to bar side of toggle.
- Thread beads onto eyepins as pictured & create loops at the ends.
- Attach each eyepin with medium jump rings to chain as pictured or in desired order.