It’s likely that breast cancer has touched all of us in some way either directly or indirectly – according to the National Cancer Society, the chance that breast cancer will be responsible for a woman’s death is about 1 in 36. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and the goal of the month is to promote breast cancer awareness, share information on the disease, and provide greater access to services. We encourage you to ‘think pink’ to help increase awareness about the disease and early detection. We’re sharing a pink ribbon jewelry project, with supplies available at select Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores, to help support awareness this month. Learn more about breast cancer on the National Breast Cancer Awareness website.
Pink Ribbon Brooch (pictured in the lower right corner)
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Plaid® Inspired Classics™ Ribbon Brooch #35933
- Plaid® Inspired Classics™ 3mm Rose Glass Rhinestones #35874
- Plaid® Inspired Classics™ Tweezers #35962
- Jewelry glue
- Toothpick & scrap paper
1. Set out the Ribbon Brooch and 3mm Rose Glass Rhinestones.
2. Squeeze a bead of jewelry glue onto scrap paper.
3. Dip toothpick into glue so there’s a small amount of glue on the tip. Use toothpick to carefully apply glue to a rhinestone indentation on the Ribbon Brooch.
4. Using tweezers with pointed ends facing downward, select a rhinestone and place into the indentation filled with glue. Gently press rhinestone with tweezers to ensure it’s set in the glue.
5. Repeat steps 3 – 4 until all rhinestone indentations are filled on the Ribbon Brooch. Let glue cure for 24 hours before wearing.
Skill Level: No experience necessary | Approximate Crafting Time: 20 minutes