The excitement is brewing for this upcoming St. Patrick’s Day. People are prepping for their parties, buying up anything and everything green, and of course crafting! Are you ready for this spirited holiday? If not don’t fret; you still have time to create something festive. Take a look at this adorable Shamrock Friend. Isn’t it cute? This is a craft that is perfect for all ages to make, and it would make wonderful tabletop decorations for a party. Trenice Bishop created this project using several products including FolkArt paints and Mod Podge. Below is a full supply list, along with the instructions. Enjoy!
FolkArt Acrylic Paint – 503 Yellow Citron, FolkArt Extreme Glitter Paint - 2789 Peridot, Mod Pdge
Shamrock stencil, Liner Brush, Square craft brush, Hot glue gun, Water bowl, Card stock , Toilet paper roll, Ribbon, Hear shaped wood piece , Wiggly eyes, Foam brush, Scissors
1. Paint one side of the card stock with Peridot Extreme Glitter. Let dry. Add an extra coat for more glitter. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to seal. Dry. Repeat on other side of card stock. Use same steps for wood heart shape.
2. Paint the toilet paper roll with Yellow Citron and let dry. When dry, layer with a coat of Peridot Extreme Glitter. When completely dry coat with Mod Podge.
3. When card stock is dry, use a stencil or draw your own shamrock shape and cut it out.
4. Use hot glue to add the wiggly eyes to the shamrock cut out.
5. Secure the ribbon to the inside of the painted toilet paper roll with hot glue. Draper around roll and secure again to the inside of the roll.
6. Hot glue toilet paper roll to painted heart shape to create feet.
7. Attach Shamrock face to toilet paper roll with hot glue.