Happy Monday! It’s a new week and today we want to share with you a new project. Feast your eyes on these Bird Bookends. These bookends are beautiful and made with Delta soy paint! They would make the perfect addition to a child’s growing library. Books don’t have to be stored in a traditional bookcase. With bookends they give you the freedom to display books anywhere around your home. This is a great springtime project. To recreate this project you will need the supplies listed below. You can find the complete instructions for these bookends here.
- Delta Soy Paint – White Onion, 2 oz.
- Delta Soy Paint – Black Onyx, 2 oz.
- Delta Soy Paint – Blueberry, 2 oz.
- Delta Soy Paint – Curry, 2 oz.
- Delta Soy Paint – Cocoa, 2 oz.
- Delta Soy Paint – Cucumber, 2 oz.
2- 5”x3 ½”x 1 ¾” block of wood
1. Basecoat the birds with Cocoa. When dry, rub the edge of a candle on the bird where you want it to look distressed. Paint the birds with White Onion.
2. Sand the wooden blocks. Paint the blocks with Curry. Stencil the polka dots with White Onion.
3. Trace the heart wings onto the bird as shown and paint with Blueberry.
4. Trace the earth onto the hearts and paint with Cucumber.
5. Outline the hearts wings and earth with Black Onyx. With Black Onyx and the end of a brush handle, add a dot for the eye.
6. Lightly sand the edges where the candle was rubbed.
7. Glue the birds to the painted blocks.