Monday is here, it’s the beginning of a new week and it’s time to get inspired. Today we want to share with you an amazing home decor project, created by our Plaid Creative Team. This chest looks like it belongs in a high-end furniture store, but you can create this look with FolkArt colors and stencils. This is an intermediate level project that does require a bit of skill. It is a project that you will definitely need some time to complete. Once completed, this stenciled designer chest will make a lovely addition to any room in your home.
- FolkArt ® Painting Stencils – Large – Moroccan Tile
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Vintage White, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Metallics – Aquamarine, 2 oz.
2″ Paint brush
1/2″ Stencil brush Sandpaper
1. Choose furniture piece with raised panels in the doors so stencil really pops.
2. Paint entire piece with Vintage White. Let dry completely.
3. Stencil design using Metallic Aquamarine.
4. Paint entire top of piece with Metallic Aquamarine.
5. Sand along edges to distress.
6. Clean supplies while wet with soap and water.