Dressers are a must have item in any home. They can be used in a living room, dinning room, or bedroom. Often dressers do no come with designs on them, they are usually one color and that’s it. Well we’re here to offer a way to jazz up you traditional looking dresser. Combine FolkArt paints and stencils to achieve this classic look. This project will require an intermediate skill level and will take more than an hour to complete. All the supplies needed are below, along with their instructions. Happy decorating.
- FolkArt ® Painting Stencils – Large – Blooming Garden
- FolkArt ® Metallics – Sahara Gold, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Metallics – Taupe, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Metallics – Sequin Black, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Metallics – Peridot, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Metallics – Champagne, 2 oz.
½” Stencil brush
2″ Paint brush
Small paint brush
Sandpaper 80 grit
1. Paint entire piece except for top with Metallic Champagne. Let dry completely.
2. Paint top with Metallic Sequin Black. Let dry completely.
3. Stencil design using the following colors, large flowers with Metallic Sequin Black, leaves and stems with Metallic Peridot and smaller flowers with Metallic Sahara Gold.
4. Blend Metallic Sequin Black and Metallic Peridot with a small amount of Metallic Taupe to soften edges of flowers and leaves.
5. Clean supplies while wet with soap and water.