Have you every received a love note? If you answered yes, then you are fully aware of the joy that special note can bring a person. This Valentine’s Day why not make it an extra special one, and create a jar for tucking love notes away? Cathie and Steve created this amazing Valentine’s Day project. It was created using FolkArt paints, Mod Podge, and various other craft supplies. This project is great for any level crafter. Aside from putting love notes inside this jar feel free to place candies, glitter, or nuts instead. All the supplies you’ll need, along with the instructions can be found below. Enjoy!
- Plaid ® Hot Glue Gun Helpers
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Engine Red, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Metallics – Sequin Black, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Metallics – Inca Gold, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Antique Matte, 8 oz.
Glass jar with cork
1. Use a pencil to trace a heart shape from an old book page. Cut out the paper. Coat the top of the paper with a layer of Mod Podge. Position onto the jar. Smooth with your fingers so that you have no air bubbles. Allow to dry for 1 hour. Repeat this step with a circle of scrapbook paper on the top of the cork.
2. Paint the wood heart with Engine Red paint. Add a few dry brushstrokes of Sequin Black to the heart. Top coat the heart by texture painting it with Inca Gold.
3. Hot glue the heart to the center of the jar. Tie yarn trim around the neck of the jar and attach a gem to the knot