The start of a new year, is the perfect time to get your home organized. We all are guilty of having areas in our home that could use a little help. A great way to organize items in your home is to use organizing containers. Now containers are easy to find, but we have a project that will show you how to make a unique set. This set of organizers that can be used in a bathroom, home office, or a craft room. Kindra Boroff designed these containers, and all the supplies and instructions are listed below.
FolkArt Acrylic Paint-2547 Pink Melon, 455 Medium Yellow, 643 Azure Blue
FolkArt Enamel Paint-4001 Wicker White, 4032 Licorice
FolkArt Chalkboard Paint-2517 Black
FolkArt Peel & Stick Painting Stencils- 30457 Architectural Fleur-de-Lis
Plaid Brush Sets-44220 Glass & Ceramic Brushes
3 ½” wood circles, 1” napkin ring, Glass jars with lids, 1 7/8” x 1 ¾” wood candlesticks, Wood balls, Wood glue, E6000 clear adhesive, Petroleum jelly, Sandpaper, Ruler, Painters tape.
- Using the wood glue, attach one candlestick to the wood circle. Glue two candlesticks together at the tops and then glue to the wood circle. Attach the napkin ring to the top of one of the candlesticks, glue in place and glue to the wood circle. Let dry and sand.
- Basecoat the candlesticks and wood balls with Licorice. Apply petroleum jelly to the edges and areas where you want it distressed.
- Paint the small candlestick and matching wood ball with Azure Blue, the medium candlestick with Medium Yellow and the large candlestick with Pink Melon.
- Paint the Jar lids with Licorice.
- Tape off a section on the jar as listed: large jar 2 ¼” x 3 ½”, medium jar: 2”x3”, small jar: 2 ½”x 2 ½”.
- Paint with Licorice. Quickly remove the tape. Using the filbert brush and Licorice, paint scalloped edge around the painted label. Allow to dry completely.
- When the label is dry, paint the Black chalkboard paint over the label and scalloped edge. Allow to dry for an hour and paint another coat of chalkboard paint.
- Using the end of a brush handle and Wicker White, add dots to the scalloped edge of the label.
- Stencil the silhouette to the large label with Wicker White.
- With the E6000 glue, adhere the jars to the candlestick and the wood balls to the lid.