Oh we are only about a week away from Christmas. Yay! How is it coming with your holiday decorations? If you still need something to be displayed on a table in your home we have the perfect project, this Santa Centerpiece. Trenice Bishop designed this project using Mod Podge and FolkArt paints. This centerpiece makes a great addition to any holiday table. This project is a beginner level project that will take up to 2 hours to complete. All the materials needed for this centerpiece can be found below, along with the instructions.
FolkArt Acrylic Paint- 435 Napthol Crimson, FolkArt Acrylic Paint – 479 Pure Black, FolkArt Extreme Glitter Paint – 2792 Red, ModPodge Paper
3 Foam floral cones, 2 Pieces of poster board, Various paintbrushes, water bowl, Hot glue gun, Cotton balls, Adhesive gems
- Paint one side of both pieces of poster board with Mod Podge Paper and let dry.
- After drying, paint the opposite side of the poster board with Napthol Red. Add a second coat to enhance the color. When that application is dry paint on top of Napthol Crimson with Red Extreme Glitter. Several coats may be necessary to get the best effect.
- When posters are dry, secure painted poster paper to floral cones using hot glue gun. Trim off and extra paper as you glue.
- Once secure, trim bottom and tops of cones.
- Stretch/fluff the cotton balls slightly to make them fuller.
- Hot glue cotton balls to the top and base of the covered cones.
- Paint buckle on with Pure Black. (Use painter’s tape to make the lines straight).
- Attach gems around the “buckle” to add some sparkle. Fill in any gaps with paint.