When you think of winter holidays usually the colors that come to mind are red and green. These are the traditional colors of the season, but things are changing and colors are becoming more vibrant. A new holiday color trend that has been popping up are the color combo Turquoise and White. This combination is an eye-catching trend and one that makes your traditional decorations really pop. Trenice Bishop, a freelance designer, recently used this color trend in a wreath she made. To create this wreath Trenice used FolkArt paints. To make your own standout holiday wreath, see all the supplies and instructions below. Enjoy!
FolkArt Acrylic Paint – 961 Turquoise, FolkArt Extreme Glitter – 2790 Turquoise
Foam wreath form, Painter’s tape, Snowflake buttons, Paintbrushes, Water bowl, Hot glue gun, Ribbon, Snowflake gems, Various ornaments of various colors
- Paint the wreath form with Turquoise. Two coats may be needed.
- Once dry, wrap painted wreath form wrap painter’s tape.
- With the tape secure, paint the entire form with Extreme Glitter Turquoise.
- Remove the tape. Touch up any spots with Turquoise. Set aside.
Snow Flake Buttons
- Paint buttons of various sizes with Turquoise paint.
- When dry, paint buttons with Extreme Glitter Turquoise paint.
- Hot glue Turquoise snowflakes to white snowflake buttons to layer. Add gems to snowflake centers for sparkle.
- Push button backs into wreath form in desired location. Remove button. Fill hole with got glue and replace button to secure. Repeat.
- Use same technique to secure snowflakes into the center of the wreath frame.
- Add a bow in coordinating ribbon colors and snowflake broach to finish.