Did you survive the Thanksgiving holiday? If so, then you probably are already preparing for the Christmas season. This holiday season add some sparkle to your home by adding some home décor that is sure to make you brighten up any space. Check out this fabulous candle holder created by Holli Nutter. To create this project Holli used FolkArt enamels and glitter. This holder would look wonderful on a mantle, or coffee table. This project is not recommended for the beginner crafter. Someone with a little more experience will do nicely with this project. To learn how to create this holder see below for all the materials needed, along with their instructions.
Folk Art Enamels: 4007 Berry Wine, 4013 Coffee Bean, 4022 Thicket, 4034 Metallic Silver Sterling, 4036 Evergreen, 4133 Lipstick, 2799 Silver Glitter
Large flat brush, liner brush, painters tape, glittery pine embellishment, glittery wire ribbon, large candle holder (purchased at Pier One)
Wash and dry all glass surfaces before painting.
1. Tape off back section (6″ on this surface) of candle holder, and paint 3 to 4 coats of Glitter. Let dry completely between coats. Remove tape carefully.
2. Paint underside of the bottom of the holder and paint 3 to 4 coats of Glitter. Let dry completely between coats.
3. Paint Silver Sterling over the Glitter on both the back of the holder and the bottom. 4 coats should cover completely.
4. Place pattern inside of holder, taping in place.
Paint design as shown, using the Liner Brush. Sever coats of paint may be necessary to cover completely. Finish greenery by adding a few strokes of the Glitter to the design.
5. Add a bit of Berry Wine to Lipstick Red, dip end of a large brush in paint, and add berries to branches.
6. Attach embellishment and bow with hot glue.