With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, before you know it your little ones will be out of school and home looking for something to do. Crafts are a great way to keep any kid occupied. One project you can help them make is this Paper Turkey Roll. This project is great for kids to make for the Thanksgiving dinner table. It is a simple project that will not take all day to complete. So break out the Mod Podge and a few other supplies, and let your kids get creative. Below are all the materials needed, along with their instructions. Aside from this project, what other crafts will you have your kids make this Thanksgiving?
Mod Podge-CS112973 Super Gloss
Toilet paper roll, Burlap, 2 ½” Paper Mache ball, 15mm wiggle eyes, 2-12×12 back polka dot scrapbook paper, 2-12×12 camping plaid scrapbook paper, 2-Yelloe geometric scrapbook paper, Scissors, Hot glue, Scrap of red tissue paper
- Using Mod Podge, apply the burlap to the toilet paper roll and the Paper Mache ball. Allow to dry. Trim off excess. Hot glue the head to the paper roll.
- Mod Podge the backs of the matching scrapbook papers. When they are dry apply a coat of Mod Podge to each side and let it dry completely.
- Cut out the different size feathers as shown. Cut the feet and beak out of the yellow paper.
- Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the red tissue paper and crinkle to make the snood.
- Hot glue the feathers to the back of the turkey, starting with the smallest feathers.
- Glue the beak, snood and eyes to the head as shown. Glue the feet to the bottom.