Get ready for fall by creating these wonderful Fall Hurricanes. Sherrie Ragsdale, a talented Plaid designer, created these hurricanes. This project is not for a beginner crafter. It is an intermediate level craft. These hurricanes will look lovely in any room in your home. Enjoy.
Large Hurricane Case, Medium Hurrican Case, Silk Fall Leaves, FolkArt Enamel, 4121 Forrest Moss, CS11301 Matte Mod Podge, 1534 Plaid ¾” Spouncer, ½” Flat Brush, ¾” Masking Tape, Rubbing Alcohol, Craft Knife
1. Wash vases with dish soap and then use rubbing alcohol to remove any residues. Tape off 3” from the bottom of the inside of hurricane vase. Tape off the bottom edge on the inside of the vase.
2. Using the ¾” spouncer, paint the inside of vase in between the tape with Forest Moss.
3. Make several laser color copies on vellum of fall silk leaves.
4. Add a coat of Mod Podge to the front and back of the vellum. Allow each side to dry.
5. Cut out the leaves..
6. On top of wax paper, add the Mod Podge to the back of leaves. Remove the tape from the inside of vase. You make need to score with a craft knife before removing tape.
7. Apply the leaves with Mod Podge to the vase. Overlap each leave until you have gone completely around the entire vase. You may need to do some clean up with the craft knife to remove any excess Mod Podge that may have gotten on glass.
9. Apply the Mod Podge to the back of leaves.
10. Glue to glass vase. Use craft knife to clean up excess Mod Podge.