As we all know we are only days away from Halloween, and this week we want to get you in the spirit by giving away some new Martha Stewart craft products. There is no bigger fan of Halloween than, Martha Stewart. She creates wonderful crafts for this festive time of year. Check out this Martha Stewart Crafts Witch Silhouette Large Glass Votive. Place this scary witch silhouette on your mantel to give your home a festive Halloween feel. To earn how to make this project, click here. We hope this project inspires you to create a Halloween Martha Stewart craft. This week we are giving away 6 glass paints, 1 adhesive stencil, and 1 Martha Stewart Crafts™ Glass Paint Dauber and Roller Set, 6pc. 1 lucky Paint Me Plaid reader will win this prize pack.
Welcome back from the weekend. We hope that you had a chance to decorate a pumpkin. In case you didn’t, no worries we have tons of great decoration ideas. Add elegance to any fall décor with this classic black and white damask pumpkin. Debbie Saenz created this chic pumpkin. Black and white are not only a great classic color palette, they are also a hot trend this year when it comes to pumpkin decorating. This project will require using FolkArt crafts paints, and our peel and stick stencils. A full list of supplies needed is below, along with the instructions. This project will only take about an hour to complete. Happy crafting!
FolkArt Peel & Stick Painting Stencil – 30457, FolkArt Acrylic Paint – 479 Pure Black
Large white Funkin, Stencil brush, Paint brush, Painters tape, Rubber band, Fabric tape measure, Pencil, Eraser, Black Sharpie
- Place rubber band around center of pumpkin; measure the diameter, divide into fourths and mark with a small dot using pencil (You should have four small dots).
- Create a design by stenciling the large Fleur de Lis four times around each dot using Pure Black (You should have four designs); See photo for reference. Erase pencil markings.
- Use painter’s tape to cover the outer parts of flower design with largest center, leaving only the center open. Stencil four times evenly between each design. (See photo for reference).
- Stencil the large Fleur de Lis design above and below each flower center. (See photo for reference).
- Define design by drawing a line with black Sharpie around design (See photo for reference).
- Stencil the elongated flower design evenly on top of pumpkin encircling the stem.
- Paint stem of Pumpkin with Pure Black.
PROJECT TIP: Change the colors for a totally different look or add rhinestones to create sparkle!