October 11, 2012
Bringing a fresh approach to creative living with “outside the box” ideas for crafts and home décor, DIY gurus Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza are Plaid’s spokespersons. They both grew up in the Midwest and have been getting crafty since they can remember. Their approach is easy: try something new every day and get creative with what you have. Since this month is all about Halloween, Cathie and Steve have been crafting some amazing projects. One they recently made was this Chalkboard chargers, skull plates, and napkin ring. This spooky setting was created using Mod Podge, and FolkArt paints. All the supplies needed for this project are below, and to find the instructions click here. Make sure you check back here every Thursday to see a new project from Cathie and Steve. To learn more about this crafty duo check out their Facebook page.
- Mod Podge ® Acrylic Shapes – Basics, Flat & Charm
- FolkArt ® Chalkboard Paint – Black, 8 oz.
- FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ – Black, 5 oz.
- FolkArt ® Metallics – Sequin Black, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Gloss, 8 oz.
Clear glass plate
old book pages
October 11, 2012
Love entertaining? Then you are sure to love this Trick or Eek Party Setting, created using Apple Barrel paints. Scare the heartiest of your party guests with this easy to make cat and cake stand. Your guests will not be able to stop talking about this unique party setting. The cat and cake stand are sure to standout at any Halloween party. Julie Lewis, a talented Plaid Enterprise designer created this project. Below are all the supplies you will need, and for the complete step-by-step instructions click here.
- Apple Barrel ® Colors – Kiwi, 2 oz.
- Apple Barrel ® Colors – Yellow, 2 oz.
- Apple Barrel ® Colors – White, 2 oz.
- Apple Barrel ® Colors – Pumpkin Orange, 2 oz.
- Apple Barrel ® Gloss™ – Black, 2 oz.
- Apple Barrel ® Colors – Grape Jam, 2 oz.
- Plaid ® Art Materials – Bottle Tops – Spouncer Painters
- Plaid ® Art Materials – Bottle Tops – Tip Writers
Paintbrushes – #1 liner, #12 flat, #8 flat, #4 round, Craft pumpkin, Clay pots –2” (4 ea.), Rose pot – 2 ½”, Clay saucer – 10”, Craft glue, Scissors, Round toothpicks, Pencil, Black foam sheet – 2mm, E 6000 adhesive glue, Chenille stems – purple, silver tinsel, Brush basin, Paper towels, Foam plates