August 6, 2012
It’s time for another giveaway. I mean who doesn’t love the chance to win free stuff? In this giveaway we are giving away five FolkArt Extreme Glitter colors. The colors are, Aqua, Confetti, Fuchsia, Royal Blue, and Champagne. Additional FolkArt Extreme Glitter colors can be found here. Wouldn’t you like to try out these colors on a new project? Maybe use these new colors on a back to school, fall themed, or upcoming Halloween craft project. We are giving away a 5 pack of these new paint colors to 2 lucky Paint Me Plaid blog readers.
All you have to do is leave a comment below telling us what you would use the paint on. For extra entries (leave a separate comment for each):
Like Plaid on Facebook and let us know you entered the giveaway
Follow us on Twitter
The contest will end Friday August 10th, 2012 at 12 noon EST.
August 6, 2012
This jumbo chalkboard is a great craft to make just in time for back to school. Today for many kids here in Georgia, they will be heading back to class. With their busy schedules it’s nice to have a place in your home to post reminders, or words of encouragement. Julie Lewis, one of Plaid’s talented designers, made this project. Create this chalkboard using FolkArt acrylic paint, FolkArt chalkboard paint, and FolkArt extreme glitter. This is a great project perfect for all craft levels. Here’s to a great school year!
- Plaid ® Wood Surfaces – Plaques – Ladybug
- Plaid ® Wood Surfaces – Plaques – Oval
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Parisian Pink, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Chalkboard Paint – Black, 8 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Moon Yellow, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ – Red, 2 oz.
- Plaid ® Craft Stencils – Value Packs – Home Décor
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Lipstick Red, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Wicker White, 2 oz.
Flat brush ¼” – ½”
Stencil brush ¼” – ½”
Black grosgrain ribbon
Ultra fine permanent black marker
- Base coat body of ladybug Lipstick Red and head Wicker White.
- Apply several coats of Red glitter to body of ladybug. Let dry.
- Paint edge of plaque Moon Yellow. Apply several coats of chalkboard paint to plaque referring to bottle for application instructions.
- Apply border element design from stencil around outer edge of plaque in Wicker White. Stencil random elements to ladybug in Parisian Pink.
- Create all dots by dipping opposite end of paintbrush into paint.
- Use extremely dry stencil brush to apply cheeks. Add face details with marker.
- Wrap and glue ribbon around neck of lady bug and tie in a bow. Glue ladybug to oval plaque.