It’s a special time of year for several young people out there. It’s graduation time! If you have a loved one graduating this month here is a way you can help them preserve their memories of this historic day. Create this graduation memories book. Debbie Saenz designed this project, and you can use this as an autograph book, a mini scrapbook, or even as a special card. Below are all the supplies and instructions you will need to make this book.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Teddy Bear Tan, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Wicker White, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Licorice, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Matte, 16 oz.
2 large wooden stars (approx. 9 inches), 3 smaller gold wooden stars, Yellow scrapbook paper, 5 to 10 pieces of cardstock (these will be the pages of your book), binder rings, 4 silver eyelets 3/16”, 4 pieces of 8″ ribbon, Large black stickers to spell “Graduation”, Small black stickers to spell child’s name and memories, 1 graduation cap sticker, 3 red star stickers, Black permanent ink marker, Sandpaper, Drill with 3/16” drill bit
- Sand stars smooth and wipe clean.
- Cut out the pages for your book (Use a large star as a template making your pages slightly smaller than the size of the large star); set aside.
- Base-coat one side and the edges of each large star with Licorice (This will be the inside of front and back covers of the book); allow to dry.