Are you planning to have a cookout or party to celebrate this Memorial holiday? If so, you should create this Memorial Day Candle. It can be used as not only a cute table decoration, but also to help illuminate your party as it goes into the night. Add a little patriotic sparkle to your Memorial Day picnic with this quick and easy candle holder. FolkArt Extreme Glitter will make your table glitter and shine! One of Plaid’s talented freelance designers, Laura Bray made this candle. To see more of Laura’s creations visit her blog, Katydiddys.
FolkArt Acrylic Paint-437 Lipstick Red, FolkArt Acrylic Paint-484 Brilliant Ultramarine, FolkArt Extreme Glitter-2792 Red, FolkArt Extreme Glitter-2857 Royal Blue, FolkArt Extreme Glitter-2796 Hologram
Clear glass cancel holder, White ric rac, White candle, Craft glue, Painter’s tape
- Using painters tape, create strips around the glass candle holder.
- Paint between the taped areas with FolkArt acrylic paints. Paint at least two coats, allowing it to dry between coats. Make sure you alternate between the red and blue colors.
- Once the paint is dry, apply two coats of coordinating FolkArt Extreme Glitter paint to the painted stripes. For example, on the Lipstick Red stripe, use Red FolkArt Extreme Glitter. Allow to dry.
- Carefully remove the painters tape. Touch-up as necessary.
- Glue white ric rac along the top and bottom of each stripe.