It’s a new week, and that means it is time for a new craft project. Today I want to share this monogrammed plate. Debbie Saenz, one of Plaid’s talented designers created this plate. I for one love monogrammed anything. I just feel using a monogram gives a special personalized touch to the most basic items. You can monogram anything you like. A plate, a rug, a mug, you get the idea. This plate is very elegant, and while it may look hard to make, it’s just the opposite. This is not the best craft for the craft newbie, but as long as you have a little experience under your belt you’ll be fine. This project will take an hour to an hour and a half to create. For a list of supplies and instructions, see below.
Folk Art Stencil – Peel & Stick Painting Stencil-30582, Folk Art Enamel Acrylic Paint – 4004 Butler Magenta, Folk Art Enamel Acrylic Paint – 2839 Vivid Orange, Folk Art Enamel Glitter Acrylic Paint – 2799 Silver, Stencil brush – small, liner brush
White ceramic plate, Large letter stickers, Oval stencil, Painters tape, Rubbing alcohol, pink colored pencil
- Clean plate with rubbing alcohol.
- Find and mark center of plate with a colored pencil. Decide what size oval you will need (big enough for letters to fit inside). Use oval stencil and trace onto plate with colored pencil.
- Use “chain like” stencil design and stencil two rows across plate with Butler Magenta, just above and under oval marking on plate, and a row on each side of oval marking.
- Stencil two rows of small flowers with Vivid Orange between rows of “chain”. Do not stencil inside oval marking.
- Place letter stickers on plate inside of oval marking. Press firmly.
- Place oval stencil over previous oval marking and use painters tape to hold in place. Apply Butler Magenta with stencil brush, Cover entire area of oval opening, covering letter stickers.
- Carefully remove letter stickers and discard.
- Use small butterfly stencil and Silver Glitter paint to add two rows of butterflies along top and bottom of plate (Refer to photo).
- Paint small dots around inside of oval with Silver Glitter paint and liner brush.
- Allow to cure for 21 days.