The springtime and summer months are my absolute favorite times to buy shoes. I love sandals, wedges and pumps you name it. During this time of year they’re so many trendy styles to choose from. Currently my shoe buying is on hold, as I am trying to be more budget conscious. If you are in the same boat you may want to try creating these mod podged shoes. I have come across several projects online, where people gave their shoes a new makeover. Debbie Saenz designed these Mod Podged Shoes with Flowers. This project is very easy to do, and it will take 1 hour to an hour and a half to make. Transform those drab shoes into something spectacular with the help of Mod Podge!
Mod Podge Outdoor – EUCS11219, Ring Bling (2) – Pink Sequin Topper # 13489
Pair of shoes with covered toe, Pink floral tissue paper, Contact glue, Scissors, Paint Brush, Craft knife
- Rip tissue paper into ½ to 1 inch pieces
- Adhere to shoes with Mod Podge overlapping as you work. Smooth down with your fingers. Cover entire outside of shoes, allowing paper to extend edges of shoes. Allow to dry.
- Carefully trim paper ¼ inch above opening rim of shoes (leaving enough paper to fold over edge of shoe opening). Use Mod Podge to secure paper over edge of shoes.
- Cut off excess paper along sole of shoes with craft knife.
- Seal entire outside of shoes with a coat of Mod Podge. Allow to dry.
- Glue Flower embellishments to top front of each shoe