May 14, 2012
As our 45-day Giveaway of Mod Podge draws to a close, we wanted to give you all another chance to win some Mod Podge. In case you didn’t know this year is Mod Podge’s 45th Anniversary. We have tons of exciting contests, product launches, and events, planned this summer. To kick off this anniversary we have been doing our 45-day giveaway of Mod Podge. There are still a few days left to enter. Very soon we will be unveiling several new Mod Podge formulas. We are so excited, and you will be too once they hit stores. Make sure you subscribe to Paint Me Plaid to be the first to know when the new formulas are released. This week on Paint Me Plaid we are giving away 4 of our traditional formulas of Mod Podge. The formulas are outdoor, gloss, matte, and paper. One winner will receive one 8oz bottle of these formulas.
Mod Podge Paper
Mod Podge Outdoor
Mod Podge Gloss
Mod Podge Matte
To enter this giveaway, all you have to do is leave a comment below telling us what you would use this product to create? For extra entries (leave a separate comment for each):
Follow us on Twitter
Like Plaid on Facebook and let us know you entered the giveaway
Check our sister blog, Plaid Kids Crafts and comment on a post
The contest will end Friday May 18th, 2012 at 12 noon EST.
May 14, 2012
The springtime and summer months are my absolute favorite times to buy shoes. I love sandals, wedges and pumps you name it. During this time of year they’re so many trendy styles to choose from. Currently my shoe buying is on hold, as I am trying to be more budget conscious. If you are in the same boat you may want to try creating these mod podged shoes. I have come across several projects online, where people gave their shoes a new makeover. Debbie Saenz designed these Mod Podged Shoes with Flowers. This project is very easy to do, and it will take 1 hour to an hour and a half to make. Transform those drab shoes into something spectacular with the help of Mod Podge!
Mod Podge Outdoor – EUCS11219, Ring Bling (2) – Pink Sequin Topper # 13489
Pair of shoes with covered toe, Pink floral tissue paper, Contact glue, Scissors, Paint Brush, Craft knife
- Rip tissue paper into ½ to 1 inch pieces
- Adhere to shoes with Mod Podge overlapping as you work. Smooth down with your fingers. Cover entire outside of shoes, allowing paper to extend edges of shoes. Allow to dry.
- Carefully trim paper ¼ inch above opening rim of shoes (leaving enough paper to fold over edge of shoe opening). Use Mod Podge to secure paper over edge of shoes.
- Cut off excess paper along sole of shoes with craft knife.
- Seal entire outside of shoes with a coat of Mod Podge. Allow to dry.
- Glue Flower embellishments to top front of each shoe