Happy Monday everyone. How was your weekend? Hopefully you had a good one. It’s a new week, and can you believe that the month of February is almost over? March will arrive this week, which means St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner. Are you still looking for some craft projects to make to celebrate this holiday? Well we can help. Here is a great project to try, this Lucky Plaque. This project was designed by, Laura Bray. It is a beginner level craft project, that will take up to an hour to complete. See below the supplies you will need, and instructions on how to create this plaque. Enjoy!
FolkArt Extreme Glitter-2796 Hologram, FolkArt Extreme Glitter-2857 Royal Blue, FolkArt Paint-429 Winter White, FolkArt Paint-526 Soft Apple, FolkArt Paint-484 Brilliant Ultramarine
Wood plaque (5” X 20”), Wood shamrock (4” x 4”), Wood letters spelling out “LUCKY” (4” tall), Craft glue, Green and white polka dot ribbon
- Paint wood letters in FolkArt-Brilliant Ultramarine. Allow paint to dry.
- Once paint is dry, apply two coats of Extreme Glitter-Royal Blue to the letters. Allow to dry between coats.
- Using FolkArt paint in Winter White and Soft Apple, paint the wood plaque.
- Once paint is dry, apply two coats of Extreme Glitter-Hologram to the plaque.
- Paint the shamrock shape. Paint stripes on the shamrock using FolkArt Brilliant Ultramarine, Soft Apple, and Winter White. Allow to dry, then apply two coats of Extreme Glitter-Hologram over the shamrock.
- Glue letters onto plaque, spelling out the word, “Lucky”. Make sure you leave room to attach the shamrock later.
- Glue shamrock to the top right corner of the plaque.
- Attach green & white ribbon to the plaque. Tie bows where attached. Hang and enjoy your unique St. Patrick’s Day décor!