In the quest to get more organized, you are going to need the appropriate storage boxes and containers. Unfortunately most stores do not carry stylish storage boxes, but that’s ok. Your crafty, and we here at Plaid are here to help you jazz up your boring old boxes. Organize in style by making this chic wood file box. This box was created by, Kirsten Jones. It is absolutely adorable, and fashionable. See below all the supplies you will need, and instructions on how to make your own stylish storage box.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Pink, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Wicker White, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Licorice, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Gloss, 4 oz.
Wood file box, 2 pieces of scrapbook paper- same pattern of desired colors, 1 sheet- black and white dot paper, 4″ wood letter, ¾” paintbrush, Pencil, Scissors, Hot glue and hot glue gun
- Basecoat box with Wicker White, let dry. Paint edges that will show with Pink, let dry.
- Using box as a pattern, cut paper to fit on all four sides.
- Following general directions on Mod Podge bottle, apply paper to box. Let dry.
- Paint letter Licorice. Let dry.
- Using letter as pattern cut dot paper out shape of letter and Mod Podge to surface. Let dry.
- Glue letter to front of box.