Are you looking for some craft projects to make to celebrate the New Year? Well your in luck Cathie and Steve have created several festive projects that are sure to help you ring in the new year in style. One of their creations is this altered dinner charger. How cute and stylish is this charger? You will definitely be the envy of all your friends when they see this at your home. A simple yet festive craft project. See below for the supplies you will need and the instructions. To see more new year’s inspired crafts by Cathie and Steve click here.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Light Peony, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Matte, 8 oz.
Detail painter, Dinner plate charger, Foam paintbrush, Scissors, Piece of black and white scrapbook paper, Piece of distressed black scrapbook paper, Printed words – Happy New Year
- Cut a circle of black and white scrapbook paper that fits the center of the charger.
- Coat both sides of the paper with Mod Podge, position in the center of the charger and topcoat with more Mod Podge. Use your fingers to press out any air bubbles. Smooth your brush strokes. Allow to dry.
- Cut a circle of distressed black scrapbook paper that fits the center of the charger. Tear the paper in half leaving a torn edge. Apply to the center of the charger as described in step two.
- Working on the distressed paper side on the charger. Apply the words “Happy New Year” as described in step two.
- Dip the end of the detail painter into the light peony paint, tap off the excess and paint dots on the distressed paper side. Work the dots over the edges of the words.