During the holiday season many families gather together. It’s often a great time to reconnect with your loved ones, and spend quality time together. While you are with your family you might start to ponder about your family history or genealogy. That’s exactly what inspired Meg from Mega Crafty to create this adorable pillow. Meg used Plaid’s Simply Screen DIY Kit. This design is very nice and has a classic vibe to it. It makes a great home decor item, and could also be a great gift to create for a family member. Click here to see how Meg created this project. She also gives you a free printable to go along with this project. Thanks so much Meg for sharing this wonderful pillow with us.
Here is a great holiday recycle project you can make. If you just ordered some Chinese takeout, your in luck. We have a great project you can create using these left over boxes. Try creating this Holiday Forest Chinese Box. This was designed by one of our designers, Kindra Boroff. See below all the supplies you will need, and the instructions below.
- FolkArt ® Artists Pigments™ – Pure Black, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Dimensional Magic, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Matte, 4 oz.
Chinese takeout box, Scrapbook paper, 1/8” Red satin ribbon, Hot glue, Scissors, Hole punch, Pop dots
- Carefully unassembled the Chinese box. Using the sides as patterns, trace on the polka dot paper. Cut out and adhere to the sides with Mod Podge.
- Trace a section of the tree lined paper for the front of the box. Cut the trees out. Adhere to the front of the box with Mod Podge. Cut 2 more trees out individually.
- Apply a coat of Dimensional Magic to the trees and allow to dry completely.
- Attach the 2 separate trees to the front with pop dots as shown.
- Cut 3 ½” circle from the green striped paper. Using the circle as a template, create a scalloped edge larger than the circle. Lay the green circle on top of the polka dot and glue with Mod Podge.
- Trace a small circle around the bird and glue to the center of the large circle. Apply Dimensional Magic to the small circle.
- Hot glue the red ribbon around the edge of the box as shown.
- Punch two holes in the circle tag and tie to the top of the box with red ribbon.