Want to add a snowman to your holiday decorations? Well we have the perfect craft for you to make. This snowman glass block is so cute, and if you want to you can add lights. This would look great in a large window in your home, or place on a table as a centerpiece. This craft project was created by one of our very talented designers, Sherrie Ragsdale. See below for step by step instructions on how to make this great holiday craft.
Plaid FA Enamel Paints:
4008 Pure Orange, 4032 Licorice, 4001 Wicker White
Large glass block, Small glass block, Old sweater, 1 3/4″ Spouncer, 1 1/4″ Spouncer, 3/4″ Spouncer, Small round brush, Paper towel, Scissors
Hot glue, Hot glue gun, Rubber band
1. Dip the 1 3/4″ spouncer into the wicker white and remove most of it onto the paper towel.
2. Lightly dab with the spouncer on both of the blocks.
3. On the smaller block add the two eye using the 1 1/4″ spouncer in licorice.
4. Add the mouth with the 3/4″ spouncer.
5. Add the buttons on the larger block with the 1 3/4″ spouncer.
6. Using the pattern provided, paint the carrot nose with pure orange.
7. For the hat cut off a the sleeve of the sweater.
8. Cut small slits for fringe.
9. Wrap the rubber band around the top of the hat.
10. Cut three stripes of the sweater.
11. Glue one end with hot glue gun.
12. Braid the three pieces together.
13. Wrap the braid around the rubber band and glue into place.
14. Cut the other sleeve off.
15. Cut the sleeve down the inside of the under arm.
16 Open up sleeve.
17. Cut the sleeve at its longest point.
18. Glue the edges to the center of the long strip.
19. Wrap around the snowman’s head at the bottom and glue into place.
20. Make fringe at the ends of scarf.
21. Glue large orange button in place.