By: Sherrie Ragsdale
With all the holiday decorating approaching, you might need an extra place to act as a storage holder. Why not re-create this holiday sleigh holder.Use this sleigh holder to store ornaments, party favors, or even drinks for your annual holiday party. Regardless what you put inside this sleigh, this is a great holiday project to make.
FA Acrylics: 437 Lipstick Red, 2578 New Leaf Green, 2553 Lime Green, 2573 French Vanilla
676 FA Metallic Ince Gold
2538 FA Chalkboard Paint Red
FA Extreme Glitter paints: 2786 Gold, 2796 Hologram
Other Supplies Needed:
14 1/2 in. x 6 1/2 in. wooden box , Two 6 3/4″ J’s, Two 6 3/4″ I’s, 3″ wooden circle, 1″ wooden square, 1/8″ gold ribbon, 1/4″ masking tape, 3/4″ masking tape, E6000, glue, Two small eye screws, 3/4″ flat brush, 1/2″ flat brush, Liner brush, 1/4″ dauber
1. Basecoat the box with french vanilla.
2. Cut out a rectangle from a scrap piece of paper and tape to the one side of the box. Tape on the underside.
3. Using the 1/4″ and 3/4″ masking tape, tape off crooked stripes over the paper.
4. Paint the stripes in lipstick red, new leaf green and lime green.
5. Remove tape and the rectangle paper.
6. Tape off the outside of the rectangle and paint the inside with red chalkboard paint.
7. Basecoat the inside of the box with lipstick red. Paint the rim of box with inca gold and once dry add gold extreme glitter.
8. Basecoat the letters with metallic inca gold.
9. Add gold extreme glitter to the gold letters.
10. Tape off a 1/4″ border around the red chalkboard paint.
11. Paint inca gold. Add gold extreme glitter on top. Remove the tape.
12. Basecoat the wooden circle with new leaf green.
13. Add hologram extreme glitter on top of the new leaf green.
14. Paint the ornament holder in inca gold in the left upper hand corner of the box.
15. Add gold extreme glitter on top.
16. Use a wooden square to pop out the ornament. Glue it in place.
17. Glue the legs to the bottom of box.
18. Screw the small eye screw in the front of sleigh.
19. Glue the ornament on top of the wooden square. Tie a bow with the 1/8″ gold ribbon and glue to hanger of ornament. Paint dots in inca gold.
20. Add gold extreme glitter to the gold dots.
21. Add lipstick red and lime green dots using a spouncer.
22. Paint black swirls on the “j” and “i”. Once it is dry add gold extreme glitter. Using the 1/8″ gold ribbon, tie it to the small eyescrew.