By: Kindra Boroff
Fall is officially here, and now is the time to welcome it with this wonderful fall wreath. This is an intermediate skilled project. This project can take up to 2 hours or more to complete. Enjoy! Show us your fall door wreath, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FolkArt Acrylic Paint- #666 Antique Bronze, # 515 Vintage White, # 527 Forest Moss
1 ½”Spouncer, 1” Flat brush, #1 Script liner, 16” foam wreath, 12” floral craft ring, 2” satin brown ribbon, T-pins, E6000 epoxy glue, Reindeer moss, Craft stick, Rubber gloves, Wood plaque, Woodsie shapes, Acorns, Sandpaper, Candle, Hot glue, Transfer paper, Pencil
- Using the foam spouncer and Antique Bronze base-coat the foam wreath. Wrap the ribbon around the wreath, crossing the ribbon in the front and back as shown and pin into place.
2. Base-coat the craft ring with Forest Moss. Wearing the rubber gloves spread the epoxy glue on the craft ring. Press the reindeer moss into the glue. Let dry.
3. Using six petals per layer, glue three layers of petals to create the flower to a small circle. Paint flowers Antique Bronze. Paint the center circles with Antique Bronze. Rub the candle wax on the edges of the center and paint Vintage White. Sand the edges to let the Antique Bronze show through. Glue to the center of the flower.
4. Basecoat wood plaque with Antique Bronze. Apply candlewax to the edges of the plaque. Paint with Vintage White, allow to dry and then lightly sand the edges.
5. Using the transfer paper, trace the words “WELCOME” to the plaque. Paint the words with Antique Bronze.
6. Paint acorns with Antique Bronze. Assemble the wreath using hot glue.