I’m in love with gorgeous glitters this holiday season! I love all the shades of FolkArt Extreme Glitter – although it depends on which project I look at which ones I like best. It’s constantly changing! I love the red and greens in this Peace holiday sign by Plaid designer Kirsten Jones. The peace symbol continues to be all over everything this holiday season . . .
The amount of examples is endless! We challenged Kirsten to come up with pretty peace project, and she did just that. Here’s how it’s done.
Gather These Supplies
FolkArt Acrylic Colors – Calico Red, Fresh Foliage, Kelly Green
FolkArt Extreme Glitter – Green, Peridot, Red
Small Wood Plaque
Wood Peace Sign
Scrabble letters (or any wood letters) – “PEACE”
Hot Glue Gun
#10 Flat Brush
Assorted Ribbon Paint the entire plaque with Fresh Foliage. Allow to dry.
1. Paint the entire plaque with Fresh Foliage. Allow to dry.
2. Tape off 1/2″ stripes using the painter’s tape. Allow to dry.
3. Paint stripes Kelly Green. Allow to dry.
4. This is the great part about Extreme Glitter – it goes directly over a similar FolkArt color and really “blings.” Paint the Emerald over the Kelly Green and allow to dry, then do the same with Peridot over the Fresh Foliage.
5. You’ll paint the peace sign with Calico Red and then Red Extreme Glitter. Allow to dry.
7. Glue the peace sign and Scrabble letters to the plaque as shown. Hang with ribbon to finish.